Privacy Notice: How we use personal information
Personal data is considered to be any information which is related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
This notice explains how we collect, use and store personal information. Your privacy and personal information are important to us and we are committed to keeping it protected. We’ve tried to make this notice as clear and transparent as possible, so you are confident about how we use your information. As data controller, we are responsible for decisions about how your information will be processed and managed. You will also find details below regarding your rights under data protection laws and how to contact us.
Who we are and whose personal information we collect.
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Fox Insure LTD a part of Fox Group Global which includes Fox Pharma, Fox Group International. When we say “you” and “your” and “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
- anyone seeking an insurance quote from us or whose details are provided during the quotation process
- policyholders and anyone named on or covered by the policy
- anyone who may benefit from or be directly involved in the policy or a claim, including claimants and witnesses
- anyone who has a business relationship or transacts business with us or provides us with a services, such as insurers, affiliate training providers, education partners, medical professionals and aesthetic practitioners
How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- to provide quotes, administer policies and policyholder claims.
- to deal with complaints and prevent financial crime to meet our legal obligations
- to send marketing information about our products and services if we have received your relevant consent.
We also use personal information for the legitimate needs of our business. This includes, but is not limited to:
- managing our business
- conducting market research and enhancing customer service
- managing our relationships with business partners
- developing and improving our administration, security services and insurance applications
- providing a service that keeps our customers and suppliers safe by identifying vulnerability to better meet their needs
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us using it.
They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to. Further details can be found below.
We may use an individual’s personal information to market products and services to them.
Our marketing activities may include:
- providing information about products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS; we will either do this ourselves or use third party partners to do it for us
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, you can tell us at any time by using the contact details detailed at bottom of this notice.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect will depend on our relationship with you. We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities outlined in the above.
- basic personal details such as name, age, contact details and gender
- financial details such as direct debit or payment card information
- photographs and/or video, including surveillance to help us manage policies and assess claims
- tracking and location information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- identification checks and background insurance risk details including previous claims information
- business activities, such as goods and services offered.
In certain circumstances, we may request and/or receive special category or sensitive information about you. We would only collect this information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim or where it is necessary for a legal obligation:
- your current or former physical or mental health
- criminal offences, including alleged offences, criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences (previous criminal convictions, bankruptcies and other financial sanctions such as County Court Judgements)
Where we collect personal information
We collect personal information direct from individuals, their representatives or from information they have made public, for example, on social media.
We also collect personal information from other persons or organisations, for example:
- credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies
- emergency services, law enforcement agencies, medical and legal practices
- insurance industry registers and databases used to detect and prevent insurance fraud, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- insurance investigators and claims service providers
- other insurers or service providers who underwrite the insurance or provide the services for our products.
- other involved parties, for example, claimants, witnesses, and business partners.
Sharing personal information
We only share your information when necessary for the purposes stated in Section 2: How We Use Personal Information.
We may share personal information with:
- other Fox Group Businesses
- credit reference, fraud prevention and other agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and marketing agencies if agreed
- our approved suppliers to help deal with claims or manage our benefit services, for example, advisors, legal advisors and loss adjusters
- other partners, local authorities and councils
- insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, regulators, law enforcement and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS);
- any organisation where you have agreed for them to receive that data as part of the terms and conditions of your membership or affiliation
- third parties in connection with the sale, transfer or disposal of our business.
Transferring personal information outside of the UK
We will not process your data outside of the UK.
How long we keep personal information
Information is kept only for as long as we need it, but typically Fox Insure will retain customer information for 6 years after the relationship ends to allow us to administer the policy, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
Know your rights
Any individual whose personal information we hold has a number of rights in relation to how that information is processed by us. You have the following rights:
- The right to object – You can object to us processing your data and we will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to
- The right of access – You can request a copy of the personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a subject access request)
- The right of rectification – You can ask us to update or correct personal information to ensure its accuracy
- The right to erasure – You can ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose
- The right of restriction – You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal information in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent – You can ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent
- The right to make a complaint – You can complain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can do so by contacting our Data Rights team:
Email: Data [email protected]
Fox Insure (Fox Group International)
Head of Insurance
5300 8a Cinnabar Ct